The Addiction-Free Pain Management® Center of Excellence Program
The Addiction-Free Pain Management® Treatment System uses as its' foundation a multidisciplinary collaborative teamwork approach that includes the patient as an integral part of the team. One of the primary goals of APM™ is to provide concurrent treatment for someone with chronic pain and coexisting disorders including addiction using an evidenced-based manualized treatment approach. All of these interventions lead to true freedom from suffering.
Dr. Stephen F. Grinstead has adapted The Gorski-CENAPS® Model of Relapse Prevention, the most widely recognized system for dealing with relapse prone chemically dependent patients, specifically for the chronic pain population. Well over two hundred treatment centers nationally use various aspects of APM™ and the Gorski-CENAPS® Relapse Prevention Model.
Our mission is to collaborate with treatment providers who are committed to fully implementing the Addiction-Free Pain Management® (APM™) System. Our commitment is to recognize, support and help our APM™ Centers of Excellence (COE) partners reach as many people as possible with chronic pain and coexisting disorders who need and deserve state-of-the-art treatment.
Exclusive Benefits of Becoming an APM™ Center of Excellence
- The Addiction-Free Pain Management® System Designation. APM™ Centers of Excellence are allowed to use the APM™ COE System designation and Dr. Grinstead's name and the name of Terence T. Gorski in advertising their treatment center. Only Centers of Excellence share this benefit.
- Customized Program Manuals and Treatment Plans. The APM™ Centers of Excellence are provided with a complete set of clinical manuals and accompanying treatment plans that will be customized for their use. These clinical manuals will be used as the basis for developing the science-based manualized treatment approach that will become one of the hallmarks of the APM™ Centers of Excellence designation.
- National Exposure. Dr. Grinstead and Mr. Gorski speak to thousands of professionals at conferences and workshops each year, and will refer to the APM™ Centers of Excellence clinical programs whenever appropriate. In addition, many people go Freedom From Suffering NOW Website and the Gorski-CENAPS® Website looking for help.
- Preferred Referral. As a result of Dr. Grinstead's and Mr. Gorski's extensive lecturing and publishing, Dr. Grinstead and the Gorski-CENAPS® Corporation routinely receives treatment referral requests for chronic pain and relapse prone patients. The APM™ Centers of Excellence would be the preferred referral.
- Advertising. The Centers of Excellence would be given the opportunity to place an ad in the Gorski-CENAPS® annual Recovery and Relapse Prevention Catalog published by Herald House Independence Press. This catalog is of excellent quality and is mailed to over thirty five thousand people annually.
- Website Listing. The Centers of Excellence would be listed on the APM™ Centers of Excellence page on the Freedom From Suffering NOW Website and the Gorski-CENAPS® Website. The listing would include the date of the APM™ Center of Excellence designation, program address, phone number and link to the program's website.
- Marketing Support. Dr. Grinstead will work with the marketing department at The Center of Excellence on how to effectively market this program and would provide whatever administrative consultation is desired within the context of the agreed upon time commitments.
The APM™ Center of Excellence Objectives
- To complete a comprehensive review of each applicant to assure that they meet our APM™ Center of Excellence Criteria. This includes a review of policy, procedure, program design, and documentation.
- To provide In-service training and consultation to help the potential APM™ Center of Excellence to identify and correct deficiencies in meeting the Centers of Excellence Criteria.
- To establish an ongoing collaborative relationship between Dr. Grinstead and the Gorski-CENAPS® Corporation and the APM™ Center of Excellence in order to:
- Ensure the comprehensive utilization of the APM™ System of Treatment
- Help our partners implement applied research studies that evaluate strengths and weaknesses of the APM™ System of Treatment.
- To assist our partners to design and field test new adaptations of the APM™ System that can improve the delivery of treatment services.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please give us a call at 916-575-9961 or fill out the form below: